TO THE PARENTS OF OUR YOUNG CHILDREN, MAY WE SUGGEST….
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome!
- Sit toward the front closest to the double doors where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear what’s going on. They tire seeing the backs of others’ heads.
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the pastor, ushers, music team, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray and participate in all parts of the service. Open your Bible and notebook and follow the sermon. Children learn worship behavior by copying you.
- If you have to leave the service with your child, feel free to to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church direct affects the way they responds to the Church, to God, and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this place of worship.
TO THE MEMBERS OF OUR CHURCH
The presence of children is a gift to the Church and they are a reminder that our congregation is growing. Please welcome the children and give a smile and hand of encouragement to their parents.
(We copied this from somewhere else, but we have adopted it fully as our own! So bring your children and come to church!)