We define ourselves as a “non-denominational baptist church” in order to be clear about our identity.
By “non-denominational” we simply mean that we are not a member of any denominational body. We recognize that we are part of the greater body of Christ but believe that God’s will for us is to be self-governing under the Lordship of Christ.
We are gladly identified by “baptist” distinctives. Here is an acrostic that you may find helpful:
- B iblical authority – We believe Scripture is inspired by God, inerrant and authoritative.
- A utonomy of the local church – a local congregation has the privilege of self-government under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- P riesthood of the believer – every born-again believer has the privilege of direct access to God without going through any human intermediary.
- T wo ordinances – the Lord’s Supper (Communion) and baptism by immersion are the two observances given by Jesus Christ to the church.
- I ndividual soul liberty – every believer is free to study and apply the Scriptures to their life.
- S aved church membership – membership in the local church is a privilege for every person who has been born-again through faith in Jesus Christ.
- T wo offices – the two offices of a local church are elder/pastor and deacon.
- S eparation of church and state. The church is not to be governed by the State nor is the church to take over the governing of the State with the church leadership running national affairs.
We welcome any questions and feedback.