Word For The Day: Knowing God’s Will
Paul wrote to Christians in the church in Colosse after hearing from Epaphras of their faith in Jesus. If you have a few minutes, read the little Book of Colossians, just four short chapters, but filled with so much encouragement and instruction!
Paul’s prayer for the Colossian Christians is my prayer for you today. You will find this prayer in chapter 1:9-12. Paul asks God to fill the Colossians with the knowledge of God’s will.
As you head out this Friday, my prayer is that you will know God’s will to make decisions, to respond correctly to the unexpected, and above all, to obey Christ throughout your day.
When God answers this prayer and fills you with the knowledge of His will, look at what will happen:
- You will walk in a manner that pleases God today. God will look at you with warm affection and feel pleasure as you walk through the day! (10a)
- You will bear the fruit of good works in your life. When we are filled with the knowledge of God’s will, we do the things that God desires. What a blessing! (10b)
- Obedience to God results in increased knowledge of God. This is spiritual growth. Obey the truth God shows you, and He will give you more truth. (10c)
- The knowledge of God’s will strengthens us to endure suffering and trials. (11)
- Your heart will overflow with thankfulness to God! (12)
Have a great weekend, friends. This Sunday, we will begin a three-part series to discover the ministry and mission of the church. Remember that our Creche and our children’s ministry is open to minister to our young people!
Love and prayers,